The University offers a scheme of Course-wise Registration and Certification (CRCS). Under this scheme, one can register for a single course or a limited number of courses, subject to a maximum of 16 credits. The rules of CRCS are as under:
- The eligibility for registering for a course under the Scheme shall be same as the eligibility for admission to the Programme from where the course(s) are drawn.
- The Scheme shall be offered in both Cycles of Admission, subject to the provision that the courses are on offer in the particular admission cycle.
- Registration for all courses of all the academic programmes shall be open for registration under the Scheme except the courses offered under Research Degree Programmes and Awareness/Appreciation level Programmes.
- Courses offered in combination shall have to be taken together by the student.
- Course(s) once opted shall not be changed or withdrawn by the student.
- The minimum and maximum period allowed for completion of the course(s) registered would be six months and two years, respectively.
- There will be no separate counselling or lab-work schedule for students registered under the Scheme. The registered students under the Scheme shall be advised to be in touch with the Learner Support Centre allocated in order to know the schedule of theory/practical counselling sessions and participate in the sessions accordingly.
- Candidates registering under the Scheme, for successfully completing the course(s) opted, shall be required to fulfill all the academic requirements as prescribed by the University from time to time.
- Candidates successfully completing the course(s) opted shall be provided with a Certificate of Completion of Course indicating the score obtained in continuous/term-end assessment and credits earned.